Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Multitasker Memorization

Is that even possible?

I think I have mastered multitasking, but something still isn't quite right... I can do several things at once as long as one particular thing doesn't require my undivided attention, such as reading, studying, or memorizing. I would love to blame this on our American culture and how it has helped to shape me in the last 30+ years, but I'm afraid that is just an excuse. Although it is a very good and logical excuse, that is still all it is, an excuse. I have never been able to read or study in the midst of other things going on around me. With 1 husband, 4 kids, & 2 cats... there seems to ALWAYS be something going on which in turn causes my brain to be multitasking. I have a child who thinks it's necessary to get up way too early, often times before the sun even makes an appearance... there goes the "get up early before everyone else" senario! By the time the kids are all snug in their beds (and asleep) I have pretty much checked out for the day. A zombie trying to get any last minute multitasking in before I go to bed and try to get my brain to slow down enough so I can fall asleep. Do you see how all my excuses kind of flow together to make one big excuse.....

So often I wish I had a lifestyle that allowed me to get up before everyone, have a cup of coffee in silence, have an uniterrupted time of prayer and reading the Word... it sounds so.... perfect :)

I suppose one day I will be in a season of life that allows for such perfection but I am certain that time is not now.

So where was I going with this....... oh yeah, memorization. I've been told how important it is. Somehow I believe I was told this too late. When I was younger I could memorize phone numbers and addresses with ease but that was also pre-cell phone & email, when my grandparents still had a rotary phone. I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit! Just when I think I can't witness to anyone because I can't memorize anything, the Spirit steps in to help me out with the words I need! Whewww.... boy am I glad that God knew we'd need the Spirit. I am also thankful for the mornings or afternoons or evenings that I DO get the kind of peace and quiet I need even if only for a few minutes! I am also very thankful that He knows my heart... and my excuses :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting my thoughts into writing for me, Salyna! :) Hugs, Denille :)

    ReplyDelete