Monday, June 22, 2009

Girls Night

Last week Sydni and I attended the annual Gala In The Garden at Botanica here in Wichita. It is put on by our church and includes touring the botanical gardens, dinner, a craft for the girls, and a guest speaker.

I had not intended to go to this event at all. It was on a day that I had several things going on already and I didn't want to end my day with one more thing I HAD to do. Especially, a Gala... what is a Gala anyway... sounds a little too fancy for this girl. After a gentle push from a mature lady I respect, I made the commitment to go. I'm very glad that I did!

Sydni and I had a fun time walking around the gardens and taking pictures. She is growing up so fast I just had to take a couple deep breaths and take it all in.



The guest speaker was absolutely wonderful! She spoke about God's perfect timing and contentment (imagine that). And left me with something I will never forget. She said, "When I have not been content in my life it has been because I wasn't in control of something" WOW! Is it that simple? How easily we complicate our lives!
1 Timothy 6:6 says, "Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,"

1 comment:

  1. Salyna, great pics from the Gala. I had a nice time spending the morning hanging out. Look forward to many more. Have a good weekend.
    kirsten

    ReplyDelete